At Sky Global, we are building technology solutions to empower our customers. We are working on a diverse portfolio and require team members who are talented, driven and team-oriented to join us.
At Sky Global, you will work on a small, versatile, and passionate team. You will tackle new problems, use your creativity, and develop solutions that deliver on our goal of disrupting through innovation.
|Front-End Web Developer
Job Number: 014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posted: Aug 16, 2018
As a web developer, you will help build and maintain our internal and customer facing web sites & applications. The successful candidate should be comfortable translating the UX/UI designs into the front-end logic & implementation to produce the visual elements of the site or application. The person will be involved in the design, development, testing, and deployment of our applications. Effectively work and collaborate with the design team to create rich and modern UX that feature user-friendly experience. They should be familiar with Agile utilizing Scrum methodology to manage the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development of new websites & web applications along with all feature/major releases.
- Build reusable code and libraries.
- Involved in the research & planning of new websites & web applications.
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and translate them into technical specification requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with latest industry trends in web technologies and understand how we can exploit them in our applications.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3+ yrs Front-End Web Development experience
- Experience with client-side MVC Frameworks such as AngularJS.
- Experience using Node.js to set up a local development and test environment.
- At least one project experience in using single page framework such as React/AngularJS/Angular/Vue.
- Understanding one of more server side languages(PHP/Java/Python) is a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Web UX Design and security principles.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and how to resolve them.
- Proven experience working in Scrum/Kanban with Agile teams.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git & Bitbucket.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and how to adhere to them.
- Working experience in translating functional requirements into technical specifications.
- Motivated and passionate about what you do, and have a high desire to constantly be challenged to tackle interesting technical problems.
- Value team work and encourage collaboration.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field